Review: Come Again - Poppy Dunne

Come AgainCome Again by Poppy Dunne
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Come Again is a sweet second chance romance between Emma and her old childhood nemesis, Frasier, her brother's childhood best friend. Honestly, I loved the story. It was told in the dual point of view of Emma and Frasier. Normally I love when authors do that and to be honest, I greatly appreciated it this time more than anyone can imagine. The occasional switch from Emma to Frasier gave me a much-needed break from Emma's incessant mind chatter.

Emma was like Bridget Jones on crack. Her never-ending one-sided internal (and occasionally verbal) blabbing just started grating on my nerves after a while. I loved Bridget Jones, I've watched all the movies. Bridget Jones, Emma is not. At least not unless it was Bridget Jones on speed. Her character was entertaining overall though. It was like crazy Aunt Miriam that you only see once a year at Thanksgiving. You enjoy seeing her during the holiday, but there's a reason why everyone avoids inviting her to dinner the rest of the year. Frasier, on the other hand, was the complete opposite of Emma. Very much the picture of a Brit with the stiff upper lip, unsure of how to loosen the tie and relax for fear of making a fool of himself. These two characters did well to balance each other off. So although I found myself annoyed by Emma to the point of skimming pages, there was just something about these two characters together that I made for a story that I just could not put down.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home for the Holidays Blog Hop

A Summer for Love Blog Hop #SummerForLove

Spotlight: Break For Me (Secrets & Shadows #.6) - Shiloh Walker