Why I love Erotic Romance

With the popularity of books like Fifty Shades of Grey E.L James has brought into the
public eye the popularity of erotic romance among women. It seemed like the world
was shocked that women not only read it but LOVED it.
I have been reading romance since I was 13 and it seemed the hotter it was the more I liked
it. I was about 14 when I picked up The Flame and The Flower by Kathleen Woodiwuss.I swear
after reading it all the other books I read paled in comparison. Thank goodness my mother
had no idea about what I was reading.
The hero and hero actually had sex and it was not behind closed doors or fade to black.
Another author that I loved is Bertrice Small who wrote the ever popular Skye O'Malley series. What is even more amazing that Bertrice is still writing and just released Francesca in April.francesca
But historicals with the exception of a few authors have been a favorite and it seemed
all the books with erotic content could be found in historicals.
But I still craved something hotter and when I first went online with my little Radio Shack Tandy computer I was on this online service called GEnie and they had these boards where you could find people who were not published yet but wrote really erotic stories. There were a few
authors I would hope each day they would have something new. It was also the first place where I read my first male/male romance with a vampire theme as well.
One of the writers I was hooked on wrote really hot vampires, the heroes were not politically correct by any means. It wasn't until I discovered Red Sage Secrets books and read Angela Knight's novella in Red Sage Publishing Secrets #3 anthology that I found one of my favorite
writers from GEnie. I also discovered Red Sage which published erotic novellas in an anthology. I read these as soon as they came out. But they were far and secrets3between.
Then I went to my first Romance Writers of America convention in Chicago in 2000 I went because I thought this would be my only opportunity to meet writers. They have this enormous signing at the beginning of the conference and when walking around the tables when I spoke
with a woman who told me about e-books. She urged me to give them a try. Not only did I find other authors there who wrote erotic romances but readers like myself who loved them.
The day I went to my first e-book website it opened a whole new world. There were erotic
romances of every type I could imagine. It was there that I found my first menage,and yes BDSM among other forms of erotic romance.
Thankfully now there are more authors and e-publishers who write and publish the types of romances I crave like a chocoholic craves chocolate. Publishers like Changeling Press, Ellora's Cave and Loose-id and favorite authors of mine like Cheryl Dragon, Megan Slayer, Tonya Romagos and one of my personal new favorites who I think is going to be huge one day Milly Taiden who writes also as April Angel and Indigo Sin and TL Reeve just to name a few and a favorite writer and friend who just got a contract with AVON Cynthia Sax.hewatchesme
When I mention that I love to read the erotic romance genre I always get asked if I read Fifty Shades of Grey and I always reply no because I know of people who write it much better.
Some sexy snippets:
From Cheryl Dragon's Pinot Noir Nights:
pinotnoir
Carter’s hand was on the table as were packets of condoms and lube. She looked him in the eye. As much as she’d tried to be a proper sub that never made eye contact or took action without permission, she wasn’t that good. She’d never be truly obedient, but being punished was part of the allure.
Sonia stepped up on the chair and Warren helped her onto the table from there. Naked on a huge wooden table that belonged in a museum, she shivered for attention. Carter kissed her hip and rubbed her breasts. “You just say when you’ve had enough.”
She kissed his mouth. “I doubt that’ll happen.”
From April Angel's Wicked Valentine:wickedvalentinepic
“Max, this isn’t a game. I want to see you.” She panted, unbuckling his belt. “I want to touch you.” Excitement rushed through her, urging her to unzip his jeans. “I want to taste you…”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home for the Holidays Blog Hop

A Summer for Love Blog Hop #SummerForLove

Spotlight: Break For Me (Secrets & Shadows #.6) - Shiloh Walker