Review: Dragon Her Feet - Mina Carter & Celia Kyle

Sometimes a girl’s gotta flex her quills and lay down the law… 

Katie Carmichael may not be a scary badass dragon capable of toasting her enemies to a crisp, but that doesn’t mean she’s a pushover. And sure, the roaring, fire-breathing hottie is, uh, hot, but she’s a chick with a plan. A plan that includes a secluded old farmhouse and doesn’t include a tall, heavily muscled, and totally delicious weredragon. 

Joey Kenton, new owner of said old farmhouse, has plans of his own. They revolve around one, curvy, spitfire werehedgehog and whether their children will be hoglets or dragonlets—Joey would be happy with either. Until Katie’s life is threatened and he realizes that her life is more important than his love for her. 

Of course, Katie realizes Joey is an idiot and when she revises her plans… 




Iris' Review: 
“ Well, that hadn’t gone well. Correction, it’d gone south faster than a hooker giving a blowjob.”

I’m sorry, I don’t care what anyone says, but this very first line set the pace for the entire book for me. I laughed so hard I just knew that if the rest of the book continued in this vein I would be perfectly happy and I wasn’t disappointed. This brainchild of best-selling authors Mina Carter and Celia Kyle is very smoothly set in the same area as both Mina Carter’s Stratton Wolves series and Celia Kyle’s Ridgeville series however can be read completely on it’s own.

Only from the minds of these ladies can we find not only a were-hedgehog, but also a were-hedgehog that happens to be the mate of a black dragon. The size difference alone between their were-creatures sparks many a conversation and funny lines that I am sure to remember and still chuckle over for weeks to come. The cameo appearances of both the Alpha of the Stratton Wolves series and the Ridgeville Prime is definitely not to miss and another of my favorite moments.

“Can I come to the bar now?”….
“No you can’t.”
“But I wanna meet the dragon.”
“No.”
“What if he promises not to eat me?”
“No.”
“What if he promises not to eat me in a good or bad way?”

Again… I’m sure my laughing out loud caused many a stare in my direction. It is scenes like this that has officially made this one of my favorite books of the year. Katie and Joey, although an unlikely pairing were perfect for each other and I loved every minute of their will they or won’t they moments, especially the sarcastic, tongue in cheek ones.

A must read for anyone who enjoys funny, quirky characters and great one-liners.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home for the Holidays Blog Hop

A Summer for Love Blog Hop #SummerForLove

Spotlight: Break For Me (Secrets & Shadows #.6) - Shiloh Walker