12 Days Of Christmas:Movies









Christmas is the time of year when television networks brush off the classic movies we have come to love over the yearss, or create new ones. Hallmark has had a whole month of Christmas movies.

Most people like the sappy, happy Christmas stories, but me I love the movies that make me laugh so hard that my stomach hurts.
My all-time favorite movie is National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.
From the first when they go looking for that special Christmas tree, to when they get raided by the police.
Johnny Galecki Then and NowChristmas Vacation not only starred Chevy Chase and Beverly D'Angelo, but a young Juliette Lewis and Johnny Galecki (Leonard from Big Bang Theory)

What holiday movie marathon would be complete without Home Alone and Home Alone 2?

Where Kevin McAlister is accidentally left home alone and he has to protect his home from inept burglars Harry and Marv. The one thing this movie always makes me remember is when I used to watch my nephews Mark, BJ, Duane and Melissa and we would watch this movie every Saturday night. BJ sort of looked like Kevin and he used to act out he movie.

This movie was funny, but I thought Home Alone 2: Lost in NY was the funniest of the two. I still crack up during the scene when Kevin is confronted by the hotel staff and he makes them say they love him. Tim Curry was perfect as the pompous conceirage, his facial expressions alone is enough to snort your drink out of your nose.




Iris? What are your favorite Christmas movies?


Where should I begin?!I'm a huge movie buff. My movie collection almost rivals my book collection. 



One of my favorite parts of the holidays is the Christmas movies. It all begins on the day after Thanksgiving when we pop in a movie, usually Mixed Nuts with Steve Martin, pull out our 7.5 ft tree and get with the decorating. And so begins the holiday season at our house.







There are certain movies that are auto replay every year. Like Barb, I enjoy movies that make me laugh, which is why National Lampoons is at the top of our list as well. However, there is something that can be said for the classics. 

Who can say no to Clarence the angel and Jimmy Stewart? It's a Wonderful Life is the epitome of the meaning of Christmas and good will. 


To round out my must watch Christmas movie list is a fantastic movie I would recommend to anyone. It is neither a classic nor a comedy. However, it is guaranteed to move you. It all began with a song. I heard ot one night on the radio and believe it or not, it actually brought a tear to my eye. When I heard that there had been a movie made about this song, I had to watch it. Now, years later, it has become one of those movies I need to watch. It has become a part of my very own Christmas tradition. 

Stay tuned and tomorrow we'll be sharing our favorite Holiday songs. Christmas Shoes may just make the list!

What holiday movies are an absolute must in your home? Let us know.

 And don't forget to enter our 12 Days of Christmas Giveaway below




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home for the Holidays Blog Hop

A Summer for Love Blog Hop #SummerForLove

Spotlight: Break For Me (Secrets & Shadows #.6) - Shiloh Walker