Review: A Taste of Magick - Barbara Devlin

Blurb: 

A starry-eyed girl, a cocky football jock, and peer pressure converge on one fateful night, leaving behind two broken hearts. Three years later, Russell Lee McBride returns to Haven Harbor, intent on righting the wrongs of his youth and winning pretty Cindy Parker. Can the two young sweethearts overcome the pain of the past to find true love?













I am a huge fan of Ms. Devlin's historical work. That being said, I'm more used to her historical work than her contemporary but I must say I was impressed with it. As always her character building was on point. The characters are likable and enjoyable, even when you really don't want to. And I have to admit that I really did not want to like our hero. His actions, even though he was young, were anything but heroic. However, as is typical in Devlin's work, even the villainous or misguided has a chance at redemption and there is a happily ever after around every turn.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home for the Holidays Blog Hop

A Summer for Love Blog Hop #SummerForLove

Spotlight: Break For Me (Secrets & Shadows #.6) - Shiloh Walker