Review: Cursed - Lucy Leroux

Cursed - A Spellbound Regency NovelCursed - A Spellbound Regency Novel by Lucy Leroux
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is the second story I've read by this author, the first being a much shorter story included in an anthology, and honestly, I've been asking myself why I waited this long to read more of her work. I'd like to say I'm a lover of historical romances, but in all honesty, I'm pretty picky about which ones I read. Cursed was recommended to me by a fellow book lover as something that I might really enjoy and she was so right.

A historical romance with paranormal elements, Cursed managed to capture my attention and keep it. I was drawn in by the mystery of Matteo's malady and the expense hit father would go to in order to help his son. Enter our heroine, Isobel who is hiding a secret of her own that could possibly be the solution to Matteo's curse and the story truly gets interesting.

For someone who is choosy about what historical books she reads, I found myself devouring Cursed. I found it well written and intriguing. Definitely an author I will continue following in the future


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home for the Holidays Blog Hop

A Summer for Love Blog Hop #SummerForLove

Spotlight: Break For Me (Secrets & Shadows #.6) - Shiloh Walker