Review: V Games - Caroline Peckham

V Games (The Vampire Games Trilogy, #1)V Games by Caroline Peckham
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

As someone who is not fond of the genre and is admittedly not a reader of young adult books, I tend to be very picky when it comes to which young adult books I do choose to read.

Reading the blurb for V Games had me intrigued, so I figured why not. At worse I'd read an easily forgotten book, at best I'd spend a day reading an enjoyable book. I was so wrong. It is not often that I am surprised or impressed by an author, but somehow this completely new to me author, Caroline Peckham, has managed to do both. From the moment I read the first chapter I found myself pulled into the sad and disturbing life of Selena Grey. Peckham's world-building had my heart firmly lodged in my throat.

This paranormal Hunger Games where the participants are anything but your innocent children trying to live one more day, has a little bit of everything. Vampires, werewolves, action, suspense, murder, and even a touch of romance, V Games touches on everything. I may not be a fan of the YA genre, but Peckham may make a fan of me yet. I cannot wait to read the second book in this series.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home for the Holidays Blog Hop

A Summer for Love Blog Hop #SummerForLove

Spotlight: Break For Me (Secrets & Shadows #.6) - Shiloh Walker