Review: Choosing Chuckles - Cynthia Sax

Choosing Chuckles (Cyborg Space Exploration Book 1)
Blurb: 
A Cynical Cyborg Meets A Bad, Bad Female.

Chuckles hates all humans. In the past, humans betrayed him. That treachery caused permanent damage to his muscular form, resulting in a lifespan of pain. 

When the primitive D Model cyborg answers a distress call sent by a pink-and-blue haired, sparkly human female, he knows it’s a trap. He still has to respond to her fake cry for help. She belongs to him, is the one being genetically fabricated for him. But he plans to be her captor, not her captive.

Bettina, aka Bait, works with a team of females, snaring sexual predators in space, seizing their ships and transporting them to primitive planets. As soon as she speaks with Chuckles, she knows he’s not like the others. He has honor, is a being worthy of respect, of caring. 

But she can’t let him go. She has to trap him. His dominance thrills her. His deep voice evokes desires she’d never experienced in the past. She’ll risk it all, breaking every rule for one wild encounter with the male she calls Sir. 





Choosing Chuckles 
Author:  Cynthia Sax
My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Ever read one of those books where the hero is so cute you can't even? Not cute in a puppy dog and baby sort of way but in the "did he really not get where she was going with that?" type of way. I'm reading one of those at the moment and I just had to stop for a moment and share it with you. One of my favorite Syfy Romance authors had a new release last week and I'll admit... I love me some cyborgs. I find their humor, or lack thereof, hilarious. Chuckles is one of those heroes. I lost it at his not getting that not all cries a woman makes mean she's experiencing pain. The first time he asked the heroine "Are you damaged?" and she responded with "It's a good damage", I was done for. I absolutely love this book. Great start to a new series. And I can't wait to read Truth's story!

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home for the Holidays Blog Hop

A Summer for Love Blog Hop #SummerForLove

Spotlight: Break For Me (Secrets & Shadows #.6) - Shiloh Walker