Review: Scandalous Affair

Scandalous Affair Scandalous Affair by Lucy H. Delaney
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This debut novel by Lucy Delaney will surprise you. It sure surprised me. I'm not one for cheating in my romances. It doesn't matter whether it is physical or emotional. Cheating is cheating. However, I am a strong proponent for characters following their hearts, so a love triangle isn't always a bad thing in my book.

Without going into spoilers since I detest them, I will say that Delaney managed to make the story sexy without giving off any of those negative vibes you often get from implied cheating situations. I won't tell you who I was rooting for, I'll let you make up your own mind over which woman to root for. I will say that at times it felt as if Nate's attraction to Sophia was purely physical unless they were dancing. At those times, the emotion was palpable.

I understand that this was the author's debut novel, however, I never let that affect the core of my reviews. So here it is in all honesty... I enjoyed the overall flow of the story. The relationships did not come across as forced, each and every one seemed very organic. Like whatever happened was happening because it was the natural progression. So color me impressed. In my opinion, there is always room for improvement whether it's the 1st novel or the 20th. This is a journey however that I look forward to joining this author on.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home for the Holidays Blog Hop

A Summer for Love Blog Hop #SummerForLove

Spotlight: Break For Me (Secrets & Shadows #.6) - Shiloh Walker